Posted on November 06 2016
As the weather gets cooler, it often has a drying effect on our hair, leaving us with dry and brittle split ends. Try treating yourself to a natural and pure coconut oil hair treatment with organic, unrefined virgin coconut oil by doing the following:
- Set aside at least 10 minutes for the treatment. The longer you leave the oil in your hair, the deeper it will condition.
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and massage it into your scalp (warm it up in your hands first if it not melted). Repeat this process through the ends until all your hair is covered sufficiently.
- You can pin your hair up and place a shower cap on for a deep conditioning treatment (up to 1-2 hours) or only leave in for a few minutes. Even a short five minute treatment can be very effective!
- Shampoo to remove the oil and then condition the ends if needed.
A coconut oil treatment can have the following benefits:
- Stimulates hair growth and scalp health.
- Prevents hair loss by reducing protein loss in hair.
- Adds shine, softness and helps split ends.
- It smells delicious!